Position: Next Generation Discipleship Pastor
Clinton FBC is nestled in the foothills of the Ozark mountains on Greers Ferry Lake. We are about an hour and fifteen minutes north of Little Rock and forty-five minutes north of Conway. The town of Clinton has about 2,600 people, but the community God has placed around us to reach with the Gospel has around 10,000. God is growing every area of our church, and we are looking for a leader with a builder mindset that God has called to join our pastoral team.
Clinton FBC is defined by Growing and Going, Discipleship and Missions. We glorify God by Growing in relationship with Christ and His church and Going from the foothills to the nations with the Gospel. We invite you to pray over God's calling to join us in Growing and Going as our Next Generation Discipleship Pastor.
Ministry Description & Responsibilities:
- Lead, equip, and mobilize Ministry Teams and leaders in the following Areas:
- Clinton FBC Kids (~100 kids)
- Clinton FBC Students (~50 students)
- Develop and implement a vision for Next Generation Discipleship in conjunction with the Senior Pastor and the overall Mission, Identity, and Vision of Clinton FBC.
- Teach weekly in Student Ministry, and as opportunity permits in Sunday Worship and Kids Ministry.
- Develop vision-specific annual budgets and ministry calendars that effectively prioritize vision fulfillment over attractional activity.
- Meet with Ministry Teams at least quarterly to foster unity and shape vision for effective ministry and mobilization.
- Leadership balance between Next Gen Discipleship Ministry: 65% Students 35% Kids.
- Maintain regular office hours. (Normal Office Hour Workdays are Sunday – Thursday.)
- Serve as an active staff member; participating in staff meetings, congregational ministry, pastoral care, and gospel community within the Body.
- Maintain a desire for personal and ministry growth through discipleship and training, and actively participate in opportunities for both.
- Meet with leaders and church members regularly for pastoral care and discipleship.
- 2 years full-time ministry experience, preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university, required.
- Master’s degree from a like-minded evangelical seminary, preferred.
- Affirms the 2000 Baptist Faith and Message (https://bfm.sbc.net/bfm2000/)
- Ordained, preferred.
- Meets the biblical qualifications for pastoral ministry, required (1 Tim. 3:1-7, Titus 1:5-9).
- Gifted Bible teacher.
- Possesses and demonstrates strong people, communication, and organizational skills.
- Experience managing staff and/or servant teams and developing leaders and servants.
- Passionate about Discipleship and Missions.
- Married to a like-minded spouse and committed to marriage and family, if married.