First Baptist Church in Lake Providence, LA is seeking a full-time youth minister. We are a conservative in beliefs, hold to a high view of Scripture, and we have a blended service. It is our desire to have a youth minister that will live out the Word, and faithfully teach the youth of the church and community. This individual will be responsible for teaching and discipling grades 7-12.
FBCLP Youth Minister
- A clear testimony of faith in Jesus Christ, a servant’s heart, and a vital growing personal relationship with Him.
- Adheres to the biblical principle for leaders found in 1 Timothy 3:1-7, Titus 1:6-9.
- An understanding and commitment to the mission of the New Testament Church, the ministry philosophy of FBCLP, and agreement with The Baptist Faith and Message 2000, our church’s doctrinal statement.
- A strong knowledge of Scripture.
- He (and his family if married) will be active members of FBCLP in participation, attendance at worship services, tithing, and prayer.
- Bachelor’s Degree or actively pursuing, is required. Christian Studies/Theology is preferred. Experience and/or education in media technology is also desirable along with Seminary training.
- He should be able to work with others and under the direction of the Senior Pastor.
- He should have the ability to present the truths of the Gospel in biblical teaching and preaching.
- He will love Jesus Christ and love HIS people.
- He will maintain an ongoing, personal, and intimate relationship with the Lord through prayer, public and private worship, and the study of His Word.
- Participate in worship services as appropriate, including occasional preaching.
- Be responsible for providing special worship services as needed which relate to special programs provided by and for the students under the direction of the Senior Pastor such as reports on current activities within the youth group.
- Lead students in worship service participation when appropriate.
- Train and develop volunteer student ministry leaders.
- Keep the church informed of the Student Ministry progress.
- Plan, coordinate and execute with the approval of the Senior Pastor the student ministry camps, retreats, mission trips, youth fund raisers, work projects, parent/student activities, VBS and special studies to meet the goals of spiritual growth, evangelism, disciple making, building up the student community and fulfilling our Great Commission calling.
- Work with the Senior Pastor in areas where he feels contributions would be most effective.
- Be responsible for any student visitation programs.
- Provide opportunities for disciple making for students, parents, and others in large groups, small groups, and individually.
- Assist ministry teams and other church ministries as necessary.
- Plan and coordinate with the Senior Pastor, ministerial staff, and the youth council the student ministry calendar.
- Assist the nominating committee in enlisting, training, and developing leadership for overall student ministry.
- Aid the other pastoral staff with general pastoral activities, such as service planning, outreach visits, hospital visits, and funerals.
- Submit an annual budget and calendar to the Senior Pastor by February 1st of each year. Administer the approved budget and calendar upon approval.
- Attend weekly staff meetings.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- The Youth Minister is responsible to the Senior Pastor.
The Youth Minister will be a person who senses a calling to this position. The Youth Minister will have an annual performance evaluation (as does all the staff).