Nestled in the south-central Ozark Highlands region, Rolla is home to Missouri University of Science and Technology, one of the country’s top five premier technological research universities, with a student population of 7,500+. Rolla’s population is approximately 20,000, and Phelps County’s population is 44,000+. Rolla is less than 100 miles from St. Louis, Springfield, Lake of the Ozarks, Jefferson City and Columbia.
From our Blue-Ribbon public schools, to our regional hospital and medical center, to our many concerts, lectures, and exhibitions, and to our numerous area parks, conservation areas, national forests, streams and lakes, it's no wonder Rolla has been called one of the “101 Best Outdoor” towns and one of “America’s Dream Towns.”
More information about Rolla area: www.visitrolla.com/ and https://rollachamber.org/
About First Baptist Church-Rolla
Our church was founded in 1870, and our campus is centrally located to the university, high school and downtown. We strive to fulfill our mission statement: “Bringing the hand of Christ to a hurting world, so that no one misses the grace of God.”
Our Wednesday evening services include programs for children, youth and adults. Our Sunday morning services have activities for all ages, including Sunday school and morning worship. Sunday evening activities include focused biblical studies, concerts and other fellowship activities. Our church is poised to grow and is excited about a fresh vision and a new direction under our next pastor.
The church’s facilities include a 300+ seat sanctuary, a large gathering room with flexible dividers and a full-service kitchen, ample classrooms, a nursery, a large youth group room, and a gymnasium with an industrial kitchen and showers. The church is debt free and is in an overall strong financial position.
Our church puts its faith into action locally and globally, in partnership with other churches and organizations: Southern Baptist Convention, Missouri Baptist Convention, Cooperative Program, Lottie Moon, Annie Armstrong, Missouri Missions, Phelps County Baptist Association, Operation Christmas Child – Central Drop Off Location, Brenda’s Coat Closet, Phelps County DreamCenter, The Rolla Mission, Greater Rolla Area Charitable Enterprise (G.R.A.C.E.), Friday Backpacks and Abundant Blessings.
More information about our church: www.fbcrolla.org, www.facebook.com/Rollafirst and www.youtube.com/fbcrolla
About the Pastor We Are Seeking
We are seeking a full-time pastor who is called to be the spiritual and pastoral ministry leader of our church. Working with the deacons, staff and lay leaders, he will:
- Lead our church family in putting into practice our mission statement
- Plan and conduct worship services, prepare and deliver sermons and lead in observance of the church ordinances
- Shepherd and equip our church family to carry out the five functions of the New Testament church: evangelism, discipleship, ministry, fellowship and worship
- Proclaim the gospel to believers and unbelievers
- Provide pastoral care for our church family and persons in our community
- Serve as administrator and supervisor of the paid church staff
- Lead the church in planning, organizing, directing, coordinating and evaluating the total program of the church
- Cooperate with the local association, state and national conventions in matters of mutual interest and concern
- Conduct counseling sessions
- Perform wedding ceremonies and conduct funerals
- Meet the Biblical qualifications of an overseer in 1 Timothy 3:1-7 and Titus 1:5-9
- Minimum of 5+ years of pastoral experience (preferred), with experience managing multiple staff members
- Minimum master’s degree (preferred) from a Southern Baptist seminary
- Endorse the elements of the Southern Baptist faith as outlined in the “2020 Baptist Faith and Message”
Expectations and Compensation
- Full-time position
- Generous vacation, holiday schedule and sabbatical policies
- Compensation package based upon experience
How to Apply
Please submit your resume one the following ways: